Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. Registration for the 2017 Classic will begin in March 2017.
Read the following volunteer requirements before proceeding.
- Volunteers must work a minimum of 10 hours to receive a 1-day volunteer pass*, a minimum of 15 hours to receive a 2-day volunteer pass* or a minimum of 20 hours to receive a 3-day volunteer pass*.
- Mandatory On-line Volunteer Training - Each volunteer will be required to complete a one hour on-line volunteer training course. The training will be e-mailed to assigned volunteers in mid-May and must be completed before Friday, June 10, 2016.** Should you be assigned after June 10, you will be given limited time to complete the training. However, training must be complete prior to picking up your pass. Training will count as one hour of volunteering. It is the volunteer's responsibility to gain access to a computer to complete the training.
- Additionally, volunteers may be required to attend meetings that are specific to their committee prior to the event.
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older.
- Volunteer applications must be submitted online using this website.
- Volunteers must have a valid email address to submit an application.
* Volunteer Venue Access Information
- Volunteer passes provide entrance into Grand Tastings and to seminars on a space available basis.
- No one under 21 permitted, including infants and small children in child carriers. This policy pertains to all events, including demonstrations, seminars, and Grand Tastings.
- Please be prepared to show proof of age at all times.
Volunteer Selection Process
Response to the Volunteer Program for the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen is always tremendous. All applicants are important to us and we try our best to be fair about the selection process. Volunteers are chosen by the following criteria.
* Roaring Fork Valley is defined as Aspen to Rifle. Residents may be asked to supply one of the following to verify residency:
- Applicant has volunteered in the recent past.
- How many years an applicant has volunteered.
- Applicant's past performance as a volunteer.
- Applicant is a resident of the Roaring Fork Valley. *
- How early the applicant submits his / her online volunteer application.
- Driver's License
- Utility Bill
- Paycheck Stub
- There will be an appreciation party following the Classic for all volunteers on Monday, June 20, 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please review our FAQ before contacting us.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. Volunteer registration opens March 1, 2017. Please visit us then.